Wednesday, March 26, 2008

The Giving Dilemma

(...finally figured out how to stick a title on these blog posts...)

One of the draws for jumping to Jive was the location downtown. I was/am excited to be in the middle of some action. The (perceived) downside is the number of FDOTL (Folks Down On Their Luck). To me, this a call to action....

But, what action. I've pondered for quite some time about how to spread His love without being too sappy or just handing out greenbacks. For a long time, my mentality has been "what they do with it they will answer for not me". However, I've felt that was simply "buying my way" out of any involvement.

So, time to put the faith to the test. Here's the plan:

1. Engage this *person* - ask for their name and story for prayer.
2. Pray! (this would be the key part)Link
3. Hand over a little encouragement (this would be the hard part)

Current thought: McDonald's "arch" card. For "repeat customers", I get the card back and throw some more cash on it. Concern(?) is that minimum increment is $5.00. Can buy remotely.

Option is to do the gift certificates. Didn't ask when I was there today (just got 4 arch cards). But, at the very least, they can be ordered online ($1.00 increments in book of 5).

Another option is Subway. Same deal as "arch" card. .50 fee to order online (if too lazy to go to a counter/store). Doesn't look like they do gift certificate.

Other options?

No comments: