Saturday, May 09, 2009

Game 3 - Western Semi-finals

Ah! The world is back to normal. This game is, I think, a true reflection of these two teams. The emotion/rust has worn off and now they're playing about the way they should.

We'll see some interesting arguments about whether the Lakes are better with Farmar starting or not. I normally tend to agree with Mark Jackson. However, he is NOT the best point in this series. He did have a solid game. Nice to see and hope it carries over not matter how they play him in the remaining games.

I must admit that I've completely lost what little I had for Apple Turnover (aka Luke Walton). I continue to be amazed when he contributes to the team. He is very expensive for a back-up and can't make it as a starter. What do you do with him?

Felt bad for Artest. No way was that F2. Seems like over-reaction by referees based on Game 2. Too bad. Can't wait for the conspiracy guys to dredge that one.

I am LOVING the Vujacic/Wafer sub-plot. Two guys barely involved in his team's success just squaring off the entire time they're on the floor. Great stuff. I'm suspecting that if Sasha hadn't whacked him on the head Von would have gotten the offensive call. He basically did the same as D Fish but had the ball. If Sasha had just crumpled to the floor in the fetal position, he could have drawn the same F2 that Scola did.

Man, I hope Kupchak (Kup Check!!) figures out a way to get Ron-Ron into the Forum Blue and Gold next year!

No comments: